Firefighters got 400 people out of an office block in Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, last night after a problem with cleaning products led to a “chemical incident”.
“The incident is believed to have been caused by a mixture of cleaning products which caused a chemical reaction and produced chlorine gas,” said firefighters.
“Fire crews carried out a detailed sweep of the building. After finding no elevated readings they declared the building safe.”
— London Fire Brigade (@LondonFire) November 25, 2016
It is understood that four people were treated at the scene for breathing difficulties by crews from London Ambulance Service.
The Brigade was called after 7pm. Fire crews from Poplar and Millwall fire stations attended the scene along with fire rescue units from Euston and Lewisham fire stations.