Following yesterday’s news that Southern Rail staff would be going on strike, the RMT union has announced the dates on which services will be affected.
They are almost all midweek and will take place at various points between early October and early December.
They also include the evening of bonfire celebrations in the town of Lewes on the 5th November, when many people are expected to be travelling via train.
“Govia Thameslink and the government have made it clear that they have no interest in resolving this dispute,” said RMT General Secretary Mick Cash.
“Instead they have begun the process of bulldozing through the drive towards wholesale driver only operation without agreement.
“Last week there was a train derailment near Watford that involved two trains.
“The guards on both trains played a vital role in protecting the passengers and the trains in what were extremely frightening circumstances.”
The full list of dates is:
– All day Tuesday 11th October to Thursday 13th October
– All day Tuesday 18th October to Thursday 20th October
– All day Thursday 3th November to Saturday 5th November
– All day Tuesday 22th November to Wednesday 23th November
– All day Tuesday 6th December to Thursday 8th December