London Fire helps rabbit who needed major operation

Brave firefighters have helped out a young pet rabbit named Oreo whose operation was almost suspended due to an emergency down the road.

A carbon monoxide leak at Homebase on Manor Road in Richmond threatened to delay the operation at Pets at Home next door.

But firefighters made sure Oreo, who needed an abscess removed, could get the treatment he needed in a safe environment.

“Firefighters carried out a systematic search of the premises and used detection equipment to find any elevated readings. This included making sure that no toxic fumes were located in the veterinary surgery,” a statement from the service said.

And Station Manager Dave Bulbrook added: “Fire crews carried out a complete search of the building and found no elevated readings. We made sure that vets next door could carry out the operation on Oreo the rabbit and it looks like the procedure was a success.”

Related Posts

Recent Posts

Canonbury murder: 22-year-old woman arrested

A woman has been arrested following the death of a 29-year-old man who was stabbed in Canonbury early on Monday...

Police hunting man in Croydon murder investigation

Police investigating the shooting of Tino Makwanya in Croydon would like to speak to this man. The murder took place around...

Formally identified Grenfell Tower victim list grows to 18

The number of formally identified Grenfell Tower victims currently stands at 18, police say. Names have been released in agreement...

Wood Green man sent to prison over firearms offences

A man from Wood Green has been sent to prison for seven years for a series of firearms-related offences. Sultan...

Four arrested following Forest Gate protest

Four people have been arrested following a protest outside Forest Gate police station yesterday (Sunday 25th). Police said that a...