Brave firefighters have helped out a young pet rabbit named Oreo whose operation was almost suspended due to an emergency down the road.
A carbon monoxide leak at Homebase on Manor Road in Richmond threatened to delay the operation at Pets at Home next door.
But firefighters made sure Oreo, who needed an abscess removed, could get the treatment he needed in a safe environment.
— London Fire Brigade (@LondonFire) November 8, 2016
“Firefighters carried out a systematic search of the premises and used detection equipment to find any elevated readings. This included making sure that no toxic fumes were located in the veterinary surgery,” a statement from the service said.
And Station Manager Dave Bulbrook added: “Fire crews carried out a complete search of the building and found no elevated readings. We made sure that vets next door could carry out the operation on Oreo the rabbit and it looks like the procedure was a success.”