Wheelchair user hit by bus: Driver ban “should have been for life”

Rebecca Bruce, 41, thought she was going to die when she was hit by a double-decker bus outside her home.

The driver, Paulo Ferreira, only got a six month ban from driving.

She claims the driver continued to drive for four seconds whilst she was being dragged along, until he slammed on the brakes.

Prosecutor Johan Rainburd said one eyewitness claimed Ferreira only realised the crash had taken place when “he tried to accelerate”.

Describing the crash, she said: “I literally thought I was going to die. Passengers and witnesses were screaming.

“My head was squashed in between my legs and the police had to pull me out like a baby from a buggy. I got dragged along with my wheel under his wheel.

“Since then, I’m really cautious and frightened. I don’t go out in my car, which means I can’t pick my son up, I’ve put on two stone, I haven’t seen any of my friends.”

Related Posts

Recent Posts

Canonbury murder: 22-year-old woman arrested

A woman has been arrested following the death of a 29-year-old man who was stabbed in Canonbury early on Monday...

Police hunting man in Croydon murder investigation

Police investigating the shooting of Tino Makwanya in Croydon would like to speak to this man. The murder took place around...

Formally identified Grenfell Tower victim list grows to 18

The number of formally identified Grenfell Tower victims currently stands at 18, police say. Names have been released in agreement...

Wood Green man sent to prison over firearms offences

A man from Wood Green has been sent to prison for seven years for a series of firearms-related offences. Sultan...

Four arrested following Forest Gate protest

Four people have been arrested following a protest outside Forest Gate police station yesterday (Sunday 25th). Police said that a...