Woman who tied electrical cord around 75-year-old man’s neck jailed

A woman who strangled and hit a 75-year-old man in his home has been sent to prison for 14 years.

Samantha Butler, 40, was found guilty of GBH. It came after police found the man burnt, battered and bruised last July.

“On entry, officers found a man with extensive injuries. He had significant bruising to his face, severe swelling and an electrical cord had been tied around his neck. Butler used objects to attack the man, including a picture frame and a hot iron,” said police.

“Doctors, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended, and the victim was treated for injuries and burns to his torso, arms and legs.

“Butler was at the address and she was arrested and later charged.”

She denied the offence, but was found guilty after a trial lasting two days.

DC Louise Galloway from Bromley CID added: “The elderly victim suffered serious injuries in this vicious, unprovoked attack and he continues to live with the mental and physical scars of that evening.

“Butler is a dangerous individual and I am pleased that she will spend a considerable length of time behind bars for this crime.”

Related Posts

Recent Posts

Canonbury murder: 22-year-old woman arrested

A woman has been arrested following the death of a 29-year-old man who was stabbed in Canonbury early on Monday...

Police hunting man in Croydon murder investigation

Police investigating the shooting of Tino Makwanya in Croydon would like to speak to this man. The murder took place around...

Formally identified Grenfell Tower victim list grows to 18

The number of formally identified Grenfell Tower victims currently stands at 18, police say. Names have been released in agreement...

Wood Green man sent to prison over firearms offences

A man from Wood Green has been sent to prison for seven years for a series of firearms-related offences. Sultan...

Four arrested following Forest Gate protest

Four people have been arrested following a protest outside Forest Gate police station yesterday (Sunday 25th). Police said that a...